Our Birthfit Pregnancy Fitness Programme
Pregnancy is a is a very special time in a woman’s life and our Birthfit programme has been developed by midwives and specilaist fitness experts to support you with exercises that will enable you to have the best possible active pregnancy. With our extensive education and experience we are able to support you whether you are an active first time mum, already had children and feeling a little out of shape or have a more complex pregnancy including twins, Pelvic Girdle Pain or Diabetes. Birthfit is more than just a course of classes; it offers support and opportunity to meet other local mums to be. Our programme is endorsed by the Midlands leading Womens Health Physiotherapists.
- Prepares your body for labour
- Tones pregnancy related muscles to help you cope with the increasing demands on your body
- Lessens the symptoms of common pregnancy ailments
- Have more energy and be able to sleep better
- Reduces back and pelvic pain
- Meet other mums to be for support and friendship
- Maintain a healthy weight gain
WHAT HAPPENS IN OUR WEEKLY CLASS?
- You will be made to feel very welcome in our friendly group.
- Following a gentle warm up we will do a mixture of cardio, resistance and toning exercises all designed to help you prepare your body for labour and delivery.
- The class is fun and women are encouraged to work at their own pace.
- The trainer will support and advise you throughout the class on your individual needs.
- The class will finish with a relaxation session to help you unwind.
- Every week we will have a group chat on a pregnancy, birth or baby topic to help you and to give you the opportunity to ask any questions and share ideas with other mums to be.