This Practical Birthing workshop is a 3-hour informative session, facilitated by delivery suite midwives with the latest evidence based research. Our aim is to make the event fun, easy to understand and in a totally relaxed environment. You will receive a comprehensive manual and follow up support with one of our team – this will give you the reassurance that someone is there to answer any questions you may have after the session has finished. Our aim is to help empower you to make choices that are right for you, help partners to determine how they can support you in labour and in supporting you personally to prepare an individualised birth plan.
Practical Birthing covers:
- Your changing body in labour
- Self help techniques for coping with contractions
- When to go into hospital
- Stages of labour
- Positions in labour pain relief
- Role of your birth Partner successful techniques to manage delivery of your baby
- What happens when baby arrives
- First days with your baby
This course is recommended for couple with due dates: 17th April – 8th May.
For other upcoming course dates, please see our event schedule here.Book this course